Thursday, January 10, 2008

I want to draw your attention to one of the links I have put on this blog, and that is The Vicar's Corner. The Vicar's Corner is a blog where my friend Matt posts his homilies each week. Some of you may remember Matt from when he and Fr. Ed came and did a parish mission for us here. I would strongly encourage you all to click on that link and enjoy some of Matt's homilies.

I was profoundly struck by a passage in Matt's Christmas homily:
Love closes distances. It breaks down barriers and separations because the lover seeks the beloved and strives to make contact in any way possible. This is what we celebrate at Christmas. Our creating God, our divine lover is so intent on getting our attention, so focused on winning us over that he is willing to take on our humanity. Matthew T. Allman, C.Ss.R., The Vicar's Corner
Enough said - read the homily!

No comments: